In a market as tight as we have today buyers need to write strong offers if they want to get them accepted. You need to work with an agent who understands how to write a powerful offer that will be seriously considered. Here are some of the ways to do this.
1. Get pre-qualified by a competent loan officer before writing any offers, and invite the seller to contact the mortgage person who can demonstrate what a strong buyer you are.
2. If the seller needs time to move, write an offer with a 30-90 day rent-back period. This permits the seller to stay in the home after closing to give them time to find a replacement home.
3. Provide a large earnest money deposit to show the seller you are serious. A good agent will never lose the earnest money you put up so you’ll still be safe, but the seller will be more likely to accept your offer.
4. Use a cashier’s check for the earnest money. It makes no practical difference but subtly indicates to the seller you really are serious enough to take the time to get a cashier’s check.
5. Write an Escalation Clause into your contract that says your offer will beat any other verifiable offer by, say $2,000.
And these are just a few of the strategies we use to get our offers accepted. Feel free to call me to discuss how we can get YOUR offer accepted!